The Victoria Police Explorer Post #306 is a volunteer organization for young adults, ages 14 to 18, who have an interest in a career in law enforcement. The Explorer Post #306 is supervised by the Victoria Police Department.
The Explorer Post provides in-depth education in skills such as:
- Community Relations
- Command Presence
- Practical Exercises to include: felony traffic stops, building clearing, and handcuffing techniques.
- Provides in-depth education in skills such as leadership, community relations, command presence, and practical exercises.
- The Explorer program will provide excellent references when applying for employment opportunities with law enforcement agencies in the future.
- Explorers will gain firsthand knowledge on what is going on in the City of Victoria during their ride along with a VPD officer.
- Explorers will compete in future Police Explorer competitions.
Pick up an Application Packet/Release Form at the Victoria Police Department located at 306 S. Bridge or at the Community Engagement Unit office located in Victoria Mall next to Chick-fil-A. Or download an Application Packet by clicking here.
Return completed application & release form to the Community Engagement Unit (Officer John Turner & Officer Adam Banda) by February 21, 2022 at 5:00pm. Please do not email completed forms.